Tuesday, January 20, 2004

Let there be blog

In a strange moment (like any other, are we not surrounded, asfixiated by them?) I thought it could be a good idea to let some thoughts written somewhere with no special purpose... no special purpose that I know as of now, maybe someday I will discover the hidden reason that made me start the actual series of messages, for I do not believe in gratuitous acts. In fact, some possible reasons pass through my mind, but thinking about why I do things always puts me down since I realize that even though most of the times I do the right thing it is not always for the right reason - wich obviously leads us to a more general question: is an action praiseworthy if the outcome is good even when it was originally ill-intentioned?.

The tittle of this blog comes from the following rhyme:

one for sorrow
two for joy
three for a girl
four for a boy
five for silver
six for gold
seven for a secret never to be told


Even when it is something children say when they see magpies (or crows, depending on the country), the strenght and mistery of the last line awes me. Of what nature is the secret? who knows (owns, keeps) it? can it be revealed without actually being told?

No comments:

Post a Comment